Subject: 14-Sep Toolchain Update
To: Netbsd pc532 list <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/15/1998 11:00:28
Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> writes:

  > ===== MAIN GCC ARCHITECTURE COMPONENTS =====

  > GCC version in-tree: egcs 1.1b release with NetBSD bug-fixes and kprintf
  > attribute additions

  > - ns32k: Working, reported by <matthias@netbsd.org>.  Not yet default.

Can we make this the default? Certainly I have had no problems with
the earlier egcs 1.0.3 which I have been using by default for a long
while now.

Matthias,

I have been slack about feeding the changes I made back to FSF and the
egcs crowd and I understand there were a couple of extra minor changes
needed for 1.1. We need to get these fed back otherwise we will be
patching in perpetutity!

  > ===== GNU BINUTILS, ASSEMBLER, AND LINKER =====

  > - other a.out: The binutils are available except gas, gld, objcopy, and
  >   strip.  See next item.

  > - kristerw's gas/bfd additions: Added for sparc and i386, and build is in
  >   src/gnu/usr.bin/gas.new ... this does not necessarily fix objcopy and
  >   strip for these platforms.  Need m68k and ns32k support.

For some time I have been keeping binutils up to date for the ns32k. I
did the ns32k bfd support. HOWEVER, it doesn't have ns32k shared library
support. I don't really understand what is necessary here. Anyone want
to help?

Ian