Subject: Re: [pkg] perl not working
To: None <leo@dachau.marco.de, phil@ultimate.com>
From: Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 07/01/1998 03:22:25
	From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>

	My machine is running @30mhz >2 years now, so this seems to be pretty
	"safe". You should put

		options 	CPU30MHZ

	into your kernel config file or a couple of timings will be
	off by 20%...

I'm running a DEFAULT kernel which includes the option.
Having seen the option was the reason I knew to try upping the clock.

Most of the options I had added were for additional file systems,
which I load as lkms (after copying the module .o files from /usr/lkm
where they are installed to /lkm so they can be loaded before the
"mount -a" command runs -- I can't see how BEFOREMOUNT is at all
useful any other way, unless your /usr dir is on the root disk);

home% cat /net/pc532/etc/lkm.conf
#       $NetBSD: lkm.conf,v 1.2 1997/07/14 11:55:46 drochner Exp $
#
# see lkm.conf(5) for details.  path will look in /lkm and /usr/lkm.
#
# path          options entry           postin  output          when
#/lkm/if_ipl.o  -       -               -       -               -
/lkm/mfs.o      -       mfs_lkmentry    -       /lkm/mfs        BEFOREMOUNT
/lkm/kernfs.o   -       kernfs_lkmentry -       /lkm/kernfs     BEFOREMOUNT
/lkm/procfs.o   -       procfs_lkmentry -       /lkm/procfs     BEFOREMOUNT
/lkm/cd9660.o   -       cd9660_lkmentry -       /lkm/cd9660     BEFOREMOUNT