Subject: Re: [pkg] perl not working
To: Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 07/01/1998 00:54:21
Phil Budne wrote:
> I powered up the pc532 for the first time in over a month to try out
> the 60MHz OSC I had picked up at a Ham Radio flea market.  The boot
> seemed to go faster, and my favorite benchmark (my SNOBOL4 in C
> translating itself) ran a full 20% faster.

What else would you have expected :-)?

> I had my doubts it would
> work, given the number of chip substitutions I made when building my
> board!

My machine is running @30mhz >2 years now, so this seems to be pretty
"safe". You should put

	options 	CPU30MHZ

into your kernel config file or a couple of timings will be off by 20%...

> My '532 is a -25 and is running QUITE hot (over 100F by the thermistor
> I attached to one of my Handy Board's A/D inputs; Should I get fins or
> a fan for the CPU?

I was worried about the heat as well and I have mounted a 486 CPU cooler
on my CPU. With the 486 intel got at least one thing very close to
right. Its size is almost the same as the size of the ns32532...

Matthias
--=20
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41
Hans-B=F6ckler-Str. 2, D 85221 Dachau         Fax   +49 8131 5161-66
http://www.marco.de/                        Email leo@dachau.marco.de