Subject: Re: [pkg] perl not working
To: None <leo@klondike.dachau.marco.de, port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 06/30/1998 16:10:18
Matthias wrote;

	Does anyone actually know how many of us (== people actually _using_
	their pc532s) are left?

I'm not sure I really _use_ mine; I play with it on occasion.
(actually I used it more regularly when the only working tape drive I
has was the one on the '532).

Recently my spare serial port has been busy (playing with a 68hc11
based "Handy Board" which runs an environment called "Interactive C";
see http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board).

I powered up the pc532 for the first time in over a month to try out
the 60MHz OSC I had picked up at a Ham Radio flea market.  The boot
seemed to go faster, and my favorite benchmark (my SNOBOL4 in C
translating itself) ran a full 20% faster. I had my doubts it would
work, given the number of chip substitutions I made when building my
board!

My '532 is a -25 and is running QUITE hot (over 100F by the thermistor
I attached to one of my Handy Board's A/D inputs; Should I get fins or
a fan for the CPU?

-phil