Subject: Re: ld.so broken
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@klondike.dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 04/11/1998 20:14:09
In article <199804111325.WAA09331@sibyl.chez-dall.org.au>,
	Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au (Ian Dall) writes:
> Beware! I rebuilt ld from the gnu tar snapshot I fetched
> yesterday. When I installed it (nearly) everything stopped
> working. Luckily I had a spare ld.so.
>
> The md files haven't changed in a while, , but rtld.c changed a few
> weeks ago. Thats as far as I have investigated so far.

With what version of gcc did you compile your libc_pic.a? If you have
compiled it with a gcc, that contains your original changes, ld.so will
lose. I mailed a warning about this to port-pc532, but when I gave a
green light again, I didn't mention, that you have to recompile libc. I
hope you just found an old problem and not a new one :-) I'm sorry I
didn't explain things good enoug on port-pc532. BTW, did you already
have a look at what I have done to your patches?

Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41