Subject: Re: open PRs
To: None <jonb@metronet.com, port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Budne <budd@cs.bu.edu>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/29/1997 17:08:41
	Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 22:01:52 -0500
	From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>

	Could someone check if I really did write an intro(4) page way
	back when?  If not, i'll see about cobbling one together.

I grepped my archives (just the messages I thought worth saving, plus
personal pc532 mail) going back to Nov 1989 for "intro.4", but didn't
find anything.

	The other is Phil Nelson's PR about not being able to run
	19200 on tty01 and 38400 on tty00.  Was that just a problem
	with the old serial driver, or is that still a problem?

It looks to me like the PR dates from may 1996.  I don't think my
rework of baud handling made it into CVS until march of this year (CVS
revision 1.36).  This version uses the counter/timer dynamicly (for
speeds up to 57600) so that you can use two speeds that would have
been impossible due their locations on "different sides" of the baud
rate tables.

But, as the scn.4 man page I've written (*HINT*: but still needs to be
checked in by someone with access) states; certain sequences of opens
and speed changes will work, and others won't.

Philip Z. is correct about the SC26C92 having much better rate support
(adds 2 new baud generator table "modes"), plus 16-byte FIFOs.
Support for the 26C92 was included in the 1.36 driver.

-phil