Subject: Re: bad symbol table when ddb configured?
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/02/1997 13:01:06
Jon Buller wrote:
> "Matthias Pfaller" <leo@dachau.marco.de> wrote:
> > I bet you bim'ed your bootloader ages ago :-) The bootloader had
> > a bug regarding loading the symboltable. As long as nobody used
> > the symboltable everything was fine. Now that we have ddb the kernel
> > will notice this (when compiled with options ddb). Recreate the
> > boot programm and re-bim your boot partition.
>=20
> Uh, Matthias, you *know* it was done only a (few?) months ago when I wiped
> out my one and only good disk, with no backup 8-)  I *think* I did it aga=
in
> a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure.  Now, when exactly, was I debugg=
ing
> (complaing about) the install images... 8-)

Ok. I forgot about that. But what version of boot did you bim on your drive?
The 1.2.1 one or a -current? Any booter older than the ddb support for
NetBSD/pc532 will not work. Are you sure the boot loader is complaining?
With the old loader the kernel complained right after starting up about
an invalid symbol table (it's a long time since I last saw that and I'm
not sure if it was before or after the copyright notice).

Matthias
--=20
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41
Hans-B=F6ckler-Str. 2, D 85221 Dachau         Fax   +49 8131 5161-66
http://www.marco.de/                        Email leo@dachau.marco.de