Subject: Re: bad symbol table when ddb configured?
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/01/1997 09:00:41
Jon Buller wrote:
> Before I had the libc trouble with gcc, I built a kernel with ddb,
> and the boot loader said it had a bad symbol table,  I built another
> kernel without ddb (for another reason) and the boot loader didn't
> have any problems with it.  I double checked by building two kernels,
> the only difference was the config line "options ddb".  One had it
> commented out, the other didn't.  And, yes, the boot loader did
> not like ddb for some reason.
>=20
> Anyone else see this?  Was/is it more SUP/upgrade problems?

I bet you bim'ed your bootloader ages ago :-) The bootloader had
a bug regarding loading the symboltable. As long as nobody used
the symboltable everything was fine. Now that we have ddb the kernel
will notice this (when compiled with options ddb). Recreate the
boot programm and re-bim your boot partition.

Matthias
--=20
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41
Hans-B=F6ckler-Str. 2, D 85221 Dachau         Fax   +49 8131 5161-66
http://www.marco.de/                        Email leo@dachau.marco.de