Subject: building a -current kernel
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@bullbox.heeia.hi.us>
List: port-pc532
Date: 07/08/1997 21:58:28
Has anyone tried building a kernel in the last couple of days? I
had it complain about _dumpspec being undefined but referenced from
kern_subr.o

Also, I tried adding "options SETUIDSCRIPTS", as I have a couple
of scripts that I use to dial up my ISP, and I don't want the
passwords showing up when I type "ps" 8-).  This seems to fail
quite badly, and I wonder if someone changed exec_scripts.c in the
last few months and broke it.  Is there a good reason this is not
on by default?

Finally, I was trying to add "pseudo-device ipfilter" and that also
failed with the compiler lighting up the screen with many warnings
and errors.  I tried adding "options PFIL_HOOKS" and trying various
combinations of the two lines, but to no avail.

Any quick suggestions?
Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>

P.S. Don't trust any header that comes out of this machine yet,
I just got MH installed again, and still have some sendmail tweaking
to do 8-(