Subject: Re: converting a Cabletron EA412 to a Cabletron EA419
To: eyal <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 03/20/1997 14:18:25
eyal wrote:
> More to the point, I want good high b'width connection to my pc532, and
> was asking before about using the SCSI bus. Well, it seems that an IP
> over SCSI project is happening on Linux (see
> http://www.bork.com/~scottr/sd/design/index.htm) and I am thinking,
> would it be nice to have it on NetBsd too. Too bad I do not see myself
> having the time for this in the near future (like, this year).
>
> It would even be nicer it we dedicated the second SCSI controller, thus
> minimizing the ID congestion on the main bus. Actually, I would happily
> invest in a separate SCSI adapter on my main Linux machine just for this
> connectivity (if it comes to that).

I'm working on IP-over-SCSI with an 1542B in the i386 machine. I could
already transfer packages using a tun driver on both sides. You will not
be able to use the adaptec for anything but IP with my drivers. This is
not finished yet, but I hope to get this ready during the next weeks.

Matthias
--
leo@dachau.marco.de			in real life: Matthias Pfaller
marco GmbH, 85221 Dachau, Germany	tel: +49 8131 516142