Subject: Re: converting a Cabletron EA412 to a Cabletron EA419
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: eyal <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 03/20/1997 23:15:59
Not on the exact same subject, but still talking connectivity.

After installing NetBsd on my PC532, it now is on permanently. I still
need
to decide what it is good for (sorry). I may be able to get an Xserver
connect to it. Mmm. Still, it is comforting to hear it spin into life at
2am when the daily cron jobs kick in... OK, I'll go now and get a life
:-)

More to the point, I want good high b'width connection to my pc532, and
was
asking before about using the SCSI bus. Well, it seems that an IP over
SCSI
project is happening on Linux (see
http://www.bork.com/~scottr/sd/design/index.htm)
and I am thinking, would it be nice to have it on NetBsd too. Too bad I
do not see myself having the time for this in the near future (like,
this year).

It would even be nicer it we dedicated the second SCSI controller, thus
minimizing the ID congestion on the main bus. Actually, I would happily
invest
in a separate SCSI adapter on my main Linux machine just for this
connectivity (if it comes to that).

Are other people thinking about the same thing?

--
Eyal Lebedinsky		(eyal@eyal.emu.id.au)