Subject: Re: converting a Cabletron EA412 to a Cabletron EA419
To: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 03/19/1997 22:45:47
> After doing that I connected the board to my cheapernet and it worked fine.
> I'd still like to know what to put on C18, R9, R10, R12, R8, C17, R7,
> C19, C33, R6 and C13, but the board seems to work without these parts
> as well. Anyone out there with a real EA419 willing to open his box?

Well, the box I have says "EA419 SCSI to 10BASE-T adapter with
LANVIEW".  It only has power, DB-25 SCSI, and RJ45 connectors, so
I don't think cracking mine (yet again) would help 8-(  Just what
is supposed to be the difference between a 419 and a 412, and are
there other models in the line?

Jon

PS  Sorry, Phil.  (Just how many people could I be addressing on
this list with those 4 letters? 8-)  I _still_ haven't hooked the
thing up...  Although, I'm thinking about doing it just to see it
probe.  I must wait for the bank account to free up a bit before
I get a Nubus card for the Mac, or a transceiver for the SPARC.
I am also working on getting a hub, or finding someone who can make
a "magic" cable instead...  Anyone have a winning lottery ticket
they want to give me?