Subject: Re: tty problems with Jan11 kernel
To: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/16/1997 22:30:14
> Mathias Pfaller wrote:
> Jon Buller wrote:
> > Help!  I just rebuilt my kernel, and everything seems to work fine,
> > except that I can't get anything out of any getty other than the
> > one running on the console.
>
> What kernel version did you run before? I checked in a few changes on
> saturday, but these should only affect the autoconfig system.

Everythink looks OK when I boot, but I'm not sure what all the
autoconfig system is supposed to do, so I won't say that wasn't
it.  I do get a message very early on (second line?) that says
something about not liking the symbol table, I could scan my message
logs, or reboot if you want to see the boot messages.

Anyway, here's my kernel directory...

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   952662 Aug 10 09:32 bullbox
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   562289 Dec 25  1995 bullbox.11
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   823031 Nov 23 17:25 bullbox.ddb
-rwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   794574 Jan 12 09:46 bullbox.jan11
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1010385 Jul 29 23:35 debug.scsi6

I'm not sure which link I clobbered when I relinked /netbsd, 8-(
but I think it was the one dated Aug 10, 1996, since I was running
current, not 1.1, I had a kernel with the new scn driver that had
many overflow problems, it's not the one I'm running now, and I
stopped using the debug.scsi6 kernel when I gave up on my NEC
CDR-210 CDROM.  So, by process of elimination, it must have been
the Aug 10 kernel, probably SUP'd from the 8th or 9th...

Can't really go back to any of those kernels, so I guess I should
clean out that directory a bit...

Jon Buller