Subject: SC26C92's and Cabletron EA419's
To: None <jonb@metronet.com>
From: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/04/1996 09:42:08
Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com> writes:

  > I was just looking through the port-pc532 mail archives, and came
  > across the messages about the enhanced UART chips.  Has anyone put
  > them into service?

Yes, I have two. I have added some code to the SCN driver which
detects whether I have scn2681, scc2692 or sc26c92 but that is as
far as I have got. One gotcha is I was working of a "preliminary"
data sheet for a while which is definitely wrong!

  >  Found out if they are actually available?  Have
  > a source for them?

In the US I don't know, but it wasn't toooo hard to find them in
little old oz, so I imagine it wouldn't be too hard in the US. Find a
Phillips distributer.

  > And where could I get one of those little
  > Cabletron boxes?

I got mine direct from Cabletron Australia. It is an ex demo unit.
You may have trouble convincing Cabletron that they did make such
a unit, but there is a reference on the cabletron web page. I
haven't saved a URL, but one of the search engines should help.

Ian