Subject: Re: 64bit ns32k.md changes for GCC
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 03/28/1996 16:54:40
Jon Buller wrote:
> Oops... I wasn't thinking about that one happening in place.  I
> was more worried about putting a pair of subtracts in the wrong
> order, or putting the args to the subtracts in the wrong order.
> It was only after I saw "0 - x" turn into a library call that I
> did that one at all.

Can you think of a better instruction sequence to do the negdi2? My
sequence is 5 bytes longer then your sequence. Also it's only used for
in place negs, it would be nice to have it as short as your sequence.

> Sorry. Guess it's a good thing that I've been having problems
> building my last SUP... I've also found it handy to have the
> binary tar files from 1.1 sitting on my disk beside my CVS
> repository. It made it easier to recover from a screwed up
> /usr/libexec/cc1. 8-)

My cc1 was statically linked against the old libc.a. That way I could
do a gcc -S on vfprintf.c and then modify vfprintf.s to use the correct
code sequence. Then I rebuilt cc1. That was easier then loading a backup
cartridge :-)

	Matthias
--
leo@dachau.marco.de			in real life: Matthias Pfaller
marco GmbH, 85221 Dachau, Germany	tel: +49 8131 516142