Subject: Re: 64bit ns32k.md changes for GCC
To: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 03/25/1996 22:05:16
> thank's for your really marvelous idea. I changed your patch to handle
> immediate constants. The code knows about constants in the -7...8 range
> and ommits the addition of the low half if it is 0.

So if I type say a + 2**33 at GCC (with proper expansion of 2**33
of course) it will do a single addqd?  Cool, I definately would
not have bothered with that, I was just going to do the -7..8 stuff.

> PS: If you wish to send this to the fsf, afaik you have to send the patch
>     with a ChangeLog entry to Richard Kenner (kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu).
>
> Here comes my version of your patch (I did a prototype ChangeLog entry for
> you):

Thanks, I did not know what needed to be done on this one.  Have
you noticed any improvements with the new mods?  I've been having
problems getting NetBSD-current to compile.  (makefiles not being
able to cd into directories, etc.)  So I haven't really gotten
anything much done with it yet.

Jon Buller