Subject: Re: SCSI<->SCSI connection
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 03/04/1996 10:19:13
Phil Nelson wrote:
> >From: eyal@fir.canberra.edu.au (Eyal Lebedinsky)
> >To repeat the Q: does the BSD have SCSI drivers for both chips? Is
> >anybody game to write the net-over-scsi code?
>
> I would love to see this done.  It could be done in the MI code
> for NetBSD.  Then all ports would have access to this.  Is there
> a standard for SCSI<->SCSI net?

There is no SCSI<->SCSI net standard afaik. But I think we could simply
access the second machine with the SCSI-Unknown-Driver and send raw
IP-Packets over the bus. To do this I would use the tun-interface and
a small userdaemon. Note that there is something similar to the tun-interface
availiable in linux as well.

	Matthias
--
leo@dachau.marco.de			in real life: Matthias Pfaller
marco GmbH, 85221 Dachau, Germany	tel: +49 8131 516142