Subject: Space for X11 binaries
To: None <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
From: 51482) <etorwi@etn.ericsson.se (Raymond A. Wiker>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/22/1996 08:49:36
Ian Dall writes:
 > Suddenly, there are offers for space from everywhere!
 >
 > Phil's offer of space on ftp.netbsd.org is probably the best.  I
 > notice that other archs (sun3) have X11 binaries associated with their
 > netbsd distributions so there is precedent!  The bandwidth from me to
 > ftp.netbsd.org is a lot better than to funet.  (As the crow flies, the
 > shortest distance between here and Sweden probably goes through Nepal
 > or somewhere, but as the packets fly, it goes via USA).

	I ftp'd the X11 binaries to
ftp.finet.fi:/pub/misc/pc532/misc/incoming on Saturday; I can copy it
to other sites as well (or somebody else can fetch it from
ftp.funet.fi and put it on their favourite server - the possibilities
are (almost) endless ;-)

	ObPC532NetBSD: I'm having trouble getting pstat & friends
working with recent kernels; the problem seems to be related to
libkvm (Both kernel and lib built from the Jan 12 tarballs). Anyone
else seen this?

	ObPC532NetBSD II: Has anybody else tried Phil Budne's scn
driver? I'm having trouble getting it to work with slip (keep getting
"no route to host"). Could be I'm doing something wrong with
handshaking/ttyflags. Hints? 115200 would be an improvement over 38400
for running X...

	//Raymond.