Subject: 1.1 ALPHA
To: None <internet@ibmmail.com, port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <n1epo4tl@ibmmail.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 11/06/1995 04:24:29
Hi,

I traced most of the woes I reported last week to a really *ancient*
version of cc1 which I was still using.  Up to now I have always
upgraded from the current source and never used distributed binaries.
But of course cc1 had bugs and so never got upgraded.
I have now replaced it with the one
from the distribution (which I had no trouble unpacking with tar -xvf)
and most problems went away.  The only minor problem I discovered
with the 1.1 ALPHA source is that make build tries to clean a non
existent config.old directory.

So that leaves ttyflags and flow control as the only major problem,
and it looks if as they may be well in hand.

I have installed minicom and whilst it's not perfect it seems to work
well enough.  It compiled with minimal hacking.
Now I need to install gcc 2.7.0

Stuart Arnold