Subject: Re: Well, I *wanted* to say that my pc532 lived!
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 10/11/1995 20:27:25
Phil writes:
> I do have source for "download.c" which produces a data stream that the
> ROM monitor wants.  Your ROM monitor is the same one I'm using and is
> fully ready to support booting NetBSD.
>
> Also, I still have the original sources to the version of the ROM you are
> using.  I haven't changed it to use gas syntax yet (for the assembler
> files) so I don't think it can currently be build under NetBSD.

Could you send the sources to me?  I'm running an older monitor,
and have been thinking about getting the auto-boot version installed.
(I currently have to type "read 2 180000 20\nrun 180020\n" to get
the OS running, and I thought it would be nice to update.)  I'll
fix it up for GAS, and see what happens...

In addition, I have some 4MB SIMMS, and I added the hardware refresh
wires, but I can't get any response from the ROM.  I was hoping
(but really know better) that the ROM was not clearing the memory
correctly when initializing the parity bits, and was getting hung.

Thanks,
Jon