Subject: Re: Well, I *wanted* to say that my pc532 lived!
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 10/11/1995 13:23:54
> NetBSD 1.0 distribution HAS everything you need to bootstrap NetBSD
> onto your computer.  It is NOT as easy as the current version.

Sorry to keep sounding like such a moron here, but it does?  Raymond
said in an earlier message to me:

	Right - what you need is the ramdisk image (ram.root.tar, I
	think) and one of the ramdisk kernels (netbsd.rd.{9600,19200}).
	Simply(?) load the Ramdisk image at H'200000 and the kernel at H'2000
	and execute the kernel from H'2020 (I think; it could possibly be
	H'2000). (It might be a good idea to store the code somewhere on the
	SCSI disk, and lie to disklabel about the real size of the disk. That
	way you won't have to do a reload from the serial port if you make a
	mistake the first time round.)

You mention the ram.root image yourself, but I don't see it on any of
the archive sites.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?  It
seems like only half the puzzle is in place.

Thanks..

					Jordan