Subject: Re: Well, I *wanted* to say that my pc532 lived!
To: None <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: port-pc532
Date: 10/11/1995 08:59:24
>P.S. Some of you will find this amusing, but this will also mark the
>first time I've ever installed NetBSD..  I've never had the time to
>install and evaluate the Intel version! :)

You have several options for installing NetBSD/pc532.

  1) Install NetBSD 1.0.  The full distribution and notes live at
	ftp.netbsd.org and mirrors in the 1.0 distribution tree.

  2) Install NetBSD 1.0 and use the snapshot (also on ftp.netbsd.org
	and mirrors) to get closer to -current.

  3) Wait for a few days (I know, that is very hard!) and let me build
	a test distribution for 1.1 and then help me improve the
	installation instructions and see if it really works.

I do have source for "download.c" which produces a data stream that the
ROM monitor wants.  Your ROM monitor is the same one I'm using and is
fully ready to support booting NetBSD.

Also, I still have the original sources to the version of the ROM you are
using.  I haven't changed it to use gas syntax yet (for the assembler
files) so I don't think it can currently be build under NetBSD.

--
Phil Nelson
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu