Subject: Re: Well, I *wanted* to say that my pc532 lived!
To: Philip A Zimmermann <paz@world.std.com>
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 10/11/1995 02:20:51
> Hi, Jordan!  Looks like I joined the mailing list just in time. I was

Hi Philip!  I see you're a world customer.  Give my regards to Barry,
should you ever bump into him..

> I bought a couple of the kits awhile back, built one for myself, and that
> was about it. Never fired it up. I'd love to, but I need to buy RAM for

Wow, WITH the CPUs?  That's a rare find..

> it and even more importantly, I need to buy a SCSI drive and load the OS
> on it. Perhaps it's just as well that I didn't buy the drive before; the
> prices have fallen so! But I've never prepared a SCSI drive and never
> loaded a drive with anything but DOS, so I'm lost. If someone could
> recommend what drive would work and could clone their HD to mine or
> recommend the serial method you referred to, I'd go for either one.

I think that any reasonably priced SCSI drive should do you fine..
I'm still waiting for Phil to wake up and tell me how to serial
download mine into shape, so maybe we'll both figure it out! :-)

> Where are you now, that you're able to use a 115v power supply?

Why none other than beautiful Clyde CA!  Yep, from Munich to Dublin
to...  Clyde!  I wasn't a seasoned world traveller before, but now
that I've been to Clyde I can truly say that I've been everywhere! :-)

					Jordan

P.S.  The population of Clyde is about 140 or so and has only one very
LARGE neighbor, the Concord Naval Weapons Station..  I can't exactly
see the bunkers where they keep the nukes from my backyard, but if I
could manage a good 5000 yard sprint, avoiding the gun towers,
elecronic sentries, 200 trained dobermans and M-16 toting military
police, why, I imagine I could probably get as close as 500 yards or
so before being reduced to a reddish stain on the ground! :-)

				Jordan