Subject: Re: flag traps in ld.so
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/27/1995 17:00:32
> I also took a quick look ... and I agree, it does look like a flag trap
> will generate a kernel panic.  And I also agree that this is bad.  I
> didn't have time to try it out and see if a user program could cause
> that panic.  I'm sure trap processing is one place that could be improved
> on the pc532 port.

Flag traps are *not* handled in trap.c. They are handled in locore.s and
are used to flush the i-cache. This is essential to get ld.so working.

	Matthias

PS: Here it hits me again that I'm *that* bad at documenting my changes :-(
--
leo@dachau.marco.de			in real life: Matthias Pfaller
marco GmbH, 85221 Dachau, Germany	tel: +49 8131 516142