Subject: NetBSD-1.0 running, problems upgrading
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Mason <mason@ease.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 04/12/1995 08:23:19
Hello all,
I've *finally* gotten around to getting NetBSD-1.0 running on my pc532,
it's taken long enough ;-). After a minor false start or two it seems
to be running OK. I wanted to upgrade to current, but have hit a snag
in the process.  The new SCSI code doesn't seem to like any of my devices,
I can boot the kernel Phil put up using the ram disk, but the moment
I try to access my harddisk, I get something like
	(ncr0:1:0) error code 0
A couple of times and the operation fails. Note that my harddisk is
currently strapped to addr 1 instead of zero. Any bright ideas? I'm getting
the current kernel sources today in hopes that I might be able to locate the
problem.

Oh, and one stupid new user question. I'm trying to get my swap partition
recognized, but it ain't working.  swapon -a reports /dev/sd0b: Device
not configured (using dd to read /dev/sd0b works fine, it's about 20Meg
in size). I haven't found anything like mkswap which is used under linux
to prepare a swap partition or file.  What am I missing?

Thanks a lot!
Mark

Mark Mason		EASE, Inc.			503-531-8909 (lab)
mason@ease.com		503-645-2696 (office)		503-690-7499 (fax)