Subject: None
To: <>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@ons.octel.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/13/1995 14:29:17
Is there something wrong with ps and netstat, or is your guess that
my libraries got hosed?  Here's what's happening...

%ps -aux
USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TT  STAT STARTED      TIME COMMAND
Floating exception

%netstat -an
???
netstat: kvm_read kvm_read: Bad address
???

I rebuilt ps to get a core file with symbols, and gdb reported a bogus
value in __ieee754_log.  I rebuilt all the libraries to see if that
might be the problem, and it doesn't seem to be.

as a seperate matter, (or maybe related depending on several possible
things) I am considering trying to get off 1.0 and move up to current.
Assuming I (can) do this, what are the major improvments made so far?
Are shared libs working yet?  I know Phil is trying to switch to
config.new and update the SCSI code.  Anything else? (And Phil, would
I be better off waiting a month to get the newest of the new, or get
it now and upgrade as I go?  The reasons for this are net access, of
which you may remember my problems getting started.  I'm hoping I can
get a ppp line into a good service provider in the near future and
thereby greatly improving my net capabilities.  Any suggestions?

Jon Buller