Subject: Re: netbsd/532 SCSI types supported.
To: Mark Mason <mmason@netcom.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: port-pc532
Date: 11/28/1994 10:56:48
On Mon, 28 Nov 1994 10:26:06 -0800 (PST)
 mmason@netcom.com (Mark Mason) wrote:

 > Hello all,
 > I'm looking at getting a real SCSI disk so I can run netbsd on my 532, so
 > I have a question.  Can (and does) the netbsd/532 port support SCSI-2 disks?
 > Most of the disks I see today advertised in computer magazines and such
 > claim to be SCSI-2.  I would like to know if I could get one of these, or
 > it I would have to find an older disk.

I'd think that it would work...I mean, speaking from an hp300 point of
view, at least...hp300 SCSI code only supports (officially) SCSI-I, but
since SCSI-II is (supposedly) a superset of SCSI-I, it ought to work...
The drive just drops into a `compat' mode, I guess - At least, it always
worked for me...

Jason R. Thorpe               thorpej@cs.orst.edu                 758-2003
OJGSE NERO Project               CSWest Room 5                    737-5567
Shared Computing Environment Group         http://www.cs.orst.edu/~thorpej