Subject: Need a little help with NetBSD-1.0
To: None <port-pc532@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Buller <jonb@ons.octel.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 11/23/1994 07:36:42
stty: : No such device or address
stty: : No such device or address Hello fellow PC532 NetBSDers,

I have the full NetBSD-1.0 binary distribution for my pc532 with one
exception.  I can't get base.tar.gz through our Internet link.  Our
link is a 9600 baud line, and after a while, it seems to saturate with
other traffic, and timeout the ftp servers I've been using.  I've tried
several times, and usually gotten about 4-5MB before getting killed,
but on my last attempt last night, it went all the way to 13MB.  So now
for a favor to ask: Could someone take base.tar.gz and take the last
3MB worth of files in it, wrap it up special for me and let me get it
from them?  (And perhaps send the output of "tar ztf base.tar.gz" so I
can find out if I have everything or not.)  My other option is to find
someone to split the file into 3 or 4 pieces and grab them, but it seems
a waste to throw away over 75% of what I need...

Thanks in advance,
Jon Buller

PS/BTW  I'm back on the net and can be reached at jon.buller@ons.octel.com