Subject: (fwd) problems building kernel
To: None <port-pc532@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Bdale Garbee <bdale@chunks.gag.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 11/21/1994 10:22:08
Is anyone else having trouble building a kernel with 1.0?  I was able to
compile and install all of /usr/src other than sys on my 1.0beta system, but
when I try to build a kernel, there are several files where the machine locks
up tight with no errors during the compile.  If I manually type the command
line less the '-O' I can get those files to compile, so I presume this means
the optimizer is blowing up?  I've got 8meg of RAM and 32meg of swap, so unless
I'm missing something obvious, I have no idea what's going on....

Bdale