Subject: NetBSD experiences
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: None <n1epo4tl@ibmmail.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 11/14/1994 09:29:16
-------------------- Mail Item Text Follows ------------------

To: INTERNET--IBMMAIL  INTERNET at IBMMAI

From:    Stuart J. Arnold       ext. 2476
         European Patent Office -- Munich
         N1EPO4TL@IBMMAIL.COM
Hi,
I installed NetBSD 1.0, and although it appears to work well,
I found a few minor problems:

1).  To make the initial build work, I had to compile things static.
     However a few routines make tools to make themselves (e.g. tn3270)
     and the static flag doesn't get passed right down.  Now I have the
     shared libraries working the problem appears to have gone, but I
     assume the problems with flag passing are still there.

2).  login and su have problems matching passwords, and I can only login
     if no passwords are set.  (The dist binaries are ok however).

3).  getty insists on being full duplex, although login and the old getty
     are ok.

Does anyone else see this?

Stuart Arnold