Subject: Re: Problems with CFLAGS inheritance
To: Julian H Stacey <Julian.H.Stacey@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
From: None <ra!leo@marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 10/20/1994 11:09:54
> Some Detail follows:
> ----------
>
> I get loads of things such as:
> 	===> atrun
> 	cc   -o atrun atrun.o
> 	ld: No reference to __DYNAMIC
>
> If I remove the # in src/lib/csu/ns32k/Makefile (leo@marco.de suggestion):
> 	< CFLAGS+=        -DLIBC_SCCS # -DDYNAMIC
> 	> CFLAGS+=        -DLIBC_SCCS -DDYNAMIC
> & make clean all install,

Correct fix. I think we should make this -DDYNAMIC default. It won't hurt even
if you are running a static system (and it saves me alot of pain when
I forget to change this when I get a fresh tree...).

> cd /usr/src/usr.bin/apropos ; make clean all install
> apropos apropos
> 	ld.so: ld.so: warning: non pure code in /usr/lib/libc.so.12.0 at 2243b ()
> 	apropos (1) - locate commands by keyword lookup

Well. You have a correctly working dynamic program using shared libs.
Congratulations. The non pure code warning comes from a small problem in
usr/src/lib/libc/arch/ns32k/gen/ldexp.S. There is an absolute address
reference in this file (@hugeval or something like this). Once you change
this to pc-relative, the warnings will go away. I have sent a fix for this
to Phil and I think I mailed the patch some weeks ago to the list.

	Matthias