Subject: Re: 4.4 Documentation Set
To: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 10/10/1994 09:40:05
> > yesterday I bought the 4.4Lite Documentation (cd included). Does anybody
> > know what's the difference between the domnestic and the international
> > version? I was really pleased (and surprised) when I found
> > usr/src/lib/libc/gen/crypt.c containing real source and not just a
> > dummy routine.
>
> I think O'Reilly screwed the pooch!  I removed this file in my own
> 4.4 Lite-Export CD.

Over the weekend I checked more carefull and noticed that only encryption
is possible with the /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/crypt.c on O'Reilly's 4.4Lite
CD. I suspect that it would be no great deal to reactivate decryption...
If that's enough for the US export regulations we (=*bsd) could use this
too instead of the current crypt_dummy.c.
Opinions?

	Matthias