Subject: Re: Installation of Netbsd/532 on the weekend
To: None <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Marc Boschma <marcb@troy>
List: port-pc532
Date: 08/23/1994 11:07:31
>>    handled it well, but interupt IO is going to be needed...
>I agree ... would you like to get it working :)

Well considering I'm off work for a month (New member of the Family
arrived yesterday :) I might get some time to look at it. Then again
I might not...

>>    My plans are now to get the X11 clients, nethack :) and tcsh up
>>    and running. SLIP it to the Macintosh running X.

>Sounds great!  But you may have to help find out why tcp stuff on the
>pc532 hangs the network.  I have discovered that tcp over the "loop-back"
>interface works great.  tcp over slip or ppp seems to hang real early
>in the process.  I have a theory that the following things contribute
>to the problems:

>	- The polled scsi driver
>	- medium quality serial driver ... it needs improvement

I be happy to investigate.

>--Phil

Marc B.
--
Marc Boschma                          Email:    marcb@env.itg.telecom.com.au
Manager Development Support           Smail:    Locked Bag No. 4840