Subject: Re: patches to pc532/stand
To: None <leo@marco.de, port-pc532@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Phil Budne <budd@cs.bu.edu>
List: port-pc532
Date: 08/22/1994 21:11:17
	* You can now boot from sdX:/netbsd (where X is > 1)

cool!

	* You can now boot a kernel with a zero size symbol table.
	  (this is usefull for boot floppies. You can get a working system
	   including the kernel on a 1.44 mb disk)

neat!  Actually, I don't think anything picks up the symbols (yet)!

	* Most important: We finally got a running wheel like the sun :-)

Actually my first "boot" (a port of the 386 boot program which uses
the BIOS) had this.  It went away when I did the second version which
uses the standalone I/O library.

	* I think scsi_low.c should not reset the scsi bus (one of my disks
	  gives me problems if scsi_low resets the bus).

I recall suns are pretty fond of bus resets (I remember from hearing
frequent GRONK noices from QIC24 tape drives), but whatever works best
for everyone...  I think scsi_low.c is a bit heavyweight, but I didn't
have the urge to rip apart code that seemed to work well!