Subject: Bug with mount -t union?
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 08/22/1994 10:14:59
Hi,

this weekend I tried to build X11R5 from the FreeBSD 1.1 CD that Julian
gave me (thank's again). I did something like:

mount /cdrom
mount -t union -o -b /cdrom/filesys/usr/X386/mit /usr/X11R5/mit

After installing my 532bsd.cf and some fiddling with Imake.templ
(mv Makefile Makefile.bak does not work on union fs if the
Makefile is on the CD-ROM :-) I started make World. All went well
except that when it comes to "make includes" I got several
"panic: free vnode isn't" panics. After removing the

includes::
	rm -rf X11

I got includes done with several iterations.
I suspect that the panic is a general one and not a 532 specific panic.
Could someone of the i386 folks test this?
(BTW, the build and install went well - If I only had my Xterminal already).

	Matthias