Subject: Re: gnu/usr.bin/ld/ns32k problem
To: Matthias Pfaller <leo@marco.de>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 08/20/1994 00:53:32
> finally I got burned by the 532's icache :-). A short fix for the problem
> follows.

If it's a problem that the cache isn't being invalidated when it
should be, well, then the cache _should_ be invalidated when it should
be!  8-)

If it can't be, because there's no way to do so currently on the
pc532, then you should probably add a cache invaldation request
to the pc532 sysarch() syscall -- sysarch() is there for needs
just like that!  Alternately, it might be easier, faster, and
more appropriate it to implement cache invalidation reqeusts
via a special hardware trap (like the m68k ports do).  I'd advise
against the latter approach, on the gounds that it's ugly,
but if it's going to be used a lot, and could be made faster
that way, then you might as well...

chris