Re: pegasosII hung with new kernel - page daemon spinning

On 09/23/2012 06:03 PM, Matt Thomas wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2012, at 1:39 AM, Lars Heidieker wrote:
>> ah I see we have 2 segments for the kernel, going to high here will most
>> likely limit the memory for uareas.
>
> PPC will try to use direct mapped memory for uareas so those won't
> eat KMEM.  In fact, since PMAP_MAP_POOLPAGE is defined, a lot of
> KMEM usage is reduced.

powerpc does have __HAVE_CPU_UAREA_ROUTINES defined.
but I can't find PMAP_MAP_POOLPAGE enabled
only a explicit disable for !PPC_OEA64 and !PPC_OEA_BRIDGE

This makes sens as with PMAP_MAP_POOLPAGE it would be hard to run out of
kmem_arena space.

So we should be safe increasing the kmem_arena size as we don't compete
with uareas.

Lars