Re: 7028-6E1 (pSeries 610) and how to burn cd

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 01:17:54 -0800
Lyubomir Grigorov <lyubomir%grigorovl.eu@localhost> wrote:

> This is my machine:
> - IBM pSeries 610 (7028-6E1)
> - 333 MHz POWER3-II 64-bit processor, 4 MB of L2 cache (most likely
> not the SMP  version, I forgot)
> [...]
> Question 1: I know Tim requested this hardware, so I would like to
> test and help with what I can remotely. At this point, is it supported?

The CPU should be supported. It is the same as in the 7044-270, which
Tim booted successfully. No idea about the rest of the hardware.

Note that Tim only managed to net-boot in single user mode, so I
wouldn't expect much. Booting from CD will probably fail.

But a test would be very interesting.

--
Frank Wille