re: call for testers - switching ofppc to xorg X11

> > [   153.944] (WW) xf86EnableIO -1
> > [   153.945] (II) xf86EnableIO: ffffffff
> > [   153.945] (WW) Can't map IO space!
> >
> > even in this case, but it doesn't seem to truly break it.
>
> Depends on the graphics driver - if it tries to do anything PIO, like
> accessing the legacy VGA registers, it will bork. Since wsfb doesn't
> know about those you're safe for now. If you're trying to use anything
> not from ATI ( even the mach64 has everything available via MMIO )
> you'll probably run into problems, and especially older chips tend to
> have only the drawing engine in MMIO registers and mode setup in
> extended VGA registers.

it is still broken.  it comes up in only 800x600 and the colours
are wrong.  i'm not sure how to describe it.  the 800x600 seems
to be somewhat 'expected' given this autoconfig:

genfb0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: ATI Technologies Radeon 9200PRO 5960
genfb0: framebuffer at 0xc0000000, size 800x600, depth 8, stride 800
wsdisplay0 at genfb0 kbdmux 1: console (default, vt100 emulation)
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0
drm at genfb0 not configured

> > i'm going to switch ofppc to xorg by default... and we'll fix these
> > issues.
>
> I'm still trying to figure out what exactly broke X -configure :/

well, xf86-video-wsfb fails to do PROBE_DETECT which is what
X -configure uses.  but i have a ati 9200 card, and i was kind
of expecting to be able to use the 'radeon' driver, but that
doesn't find any devices.  "pcictl list" doesn't show it, either.
i'd expect to see it on pci0, but it isn't:

# dmesg|grep 'at pci0'
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0
genfb0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: ATI Technologies Radeon 9200PRO 5960
genfb1 at pci0 dev 8 function 1: ATI Technologies Radeon 9200 Pro Secondary
# pcictl pci0 list
000:00:0: Marvell MV6436x System Controller (host bridge, revision 0x03)

.mrg.