re: call for testers - switching ofppc to xorg X11

> > On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 22:38:59 +1100
> > matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:
> >
> >> i got around to testing this myself.  i have a problem with X -
> >> configure
> >> doesn't work because it tries to enable IO access via xf86EnableIO()
> >> and the PCI_MAGIC_IO_RANGE code (ppc_video.c) but the
> >> screxf86Info.screenFd is set to -1 so it doesn't work:
> >>
> >> [   333.725] (WW) xf86EnableIO -1
> >> [   333.725] (II) xf86EnableIO: ffffffff
> >> [   333.726] (WW) Can't map IO space!
>
> screenFd should be a handle to ttyE0, used earlier to
> ioctl(WSDISPLAYIO_SMODE, WSDISPLAYIO_MODE_MAPPED) and such. In doubt
> do what macppc does.

it isn't setup during X -configure for ofppc.

> > I doubt that he reads port-ofppc. I have put him into CC.

thanks frank!

> Indeed I don't ;)

no wonder you were ignoring me ;)

i tried with an xorg.conf and it started up, but with an 800x600
display.  it also has the same problem above:

[   153.944] (WW) xf86EnableIO -1
[   153.945] (II) xf86EnableIO: ffffffff
[   153.945] (WW) Can't map IO space!

even in this case, but it doesn't seem to truly break it.

i'm going to switch ofppc to xorg by default... and we'll
fix these issues.

.mrg.