Re: Powerstack II

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:53:41 +0100
Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:

> There is no problem with io space at all. It's the mem space which doesn't
> work.
Maybe a problem with address mapping? (IIRC CPU address 0x80000000 gets
maped to PCI memory address 0x00000000.)

> I didn't find anything in the hp700 source. I cannot disable PCI memory for
> esiop(4), as the driver will fail then. At least the dmesg shows that it is
> happily using the on-board RAM:
I meant to disable the on board RAM in esiop(4).

> I found an old dmesg from one of your tests on the net, and the PCI io/mem
> addresses in the output show that you didn't reconfigure the PCI bus.
Yes. Please note that the whole PCI stuff in port-ofppc has changed
completely since my hacking attempts.

> Very strange, that your tlp(4) configured correctly - maybe you forced
> it to io space?
I know that I could not get tlp(4) to work. I pluged in an ex(4) for
testing.

> >> But when I'm configuring the ethernet device to I/O space to make it
> >> work, I receive a single IRQ 11.
> > In this case you got farer then I was ever.
> Not really. ;)
I didn't get interrupts. So you are one step ahead of me.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen