Re: Powerstack II

Jochen Kunz wrote:

>> For me it looks like all PCI memory is read as 0xff.
> IIRC the chipset only supports PCI IO space.

Are you sure? The 82660 seems to support it, as far as I understand the
manual. And what about devices which need PCI mem-space, like a graphics
card?

I also checked the esiop(4) driver and it requires PCI memory at the PCI
mapping register 0x14 as well, or it will fail.

Also the OFW device tree lists memspace ranges. Why should it, when it is
not supported?

> PCI memory space should be
> disabled when the PCI bus is attached. There are flags to en-/disable
> memory and IO space when the MI PCI bus is attached.

IMHO the system will never work without it. :|

>> I have no idea what is going on here.
>> Has somebody the 82660 PDF for me? I didn't find it on the net...
> [...]
> (I'll remove it tomorow.)

Thanks a lot. Got it!

>> I didn't find a jumper, but with an active terminator on both ends the
>> error message disappears and the system just freezes during scanning
>> the SCSI bus (probably because of the PCI memory problems).
> Do you get interrupts?

From the SCSI host? No.

But when I'm configuring the ethernet device to I/O space to make it work, I
receive a single IRQ 11.

--
Frank Wille