Re: Powerstack II

Jochen Kunz wrote:

>> 2. "tlp0: sorry, unable to handle your board"
>> That's a much bigger problem! Although the 21140A chip is recognized
>> the drive is unable to read its SROM. For debugging I have printed the
>> contents of the first 40 bytes in sc->sc_srom, but all bytes are 0xff!
>> Is this the PCI memory access problem which Jochen Kunz mentioned?
> IIRC I had no PCI memory problem.

In "http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-prep/2005/01/16/0006.html"; you wrote
about an "obscure" problem accessing the PCI bus. Was it DMA only?

For me it looks like all PCI memory is read as 0xff.

Today I made a test with the tlp(4) driver, which works either with
registers mapped to memory- or i/o-space. It defaults to memory-space, so I
forced i/o-space and it was correctly recognized:
---8<---
tlp0: interrupting at irq 11
tlp0: Ethernet address 08:00:3e:27:xx:xx
nsphy0 at tlp0 phy 8: DP83840 10/100 media interface, rev. 1
nsphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
tlp0: 10base5
---8<---

In another test I was reading the CSR5 (status) register of tlp and got the
following results:

memory space: 0xffffffff
i/o space: 0xfc660044

I have no idea what is going on here.
Has somebody the 82660 PDF for me? I didn't find it on the net...

>> 3. "probe(esiop0:0:0:0): command timeout, CDB: 0x12 00 00 00 24 00"
>> I didn't really check yet. But I tried with and without hard disk. I'm
>> not sure where to terminate the bus. Only at its end?
> A SCSI bus needs to be terminated at booth ends of the cable.

Yes, sure. :)  But I don't know whether the host adapter is already
terminating one end.

> Without
> cable or with a short cable a single terminator should work. Check if
> there is a terminator on the mainboard that can be en-/disabled by a
> jumper.

I didn't find a jumper, but with an active terminator on both ends the error
message disappears and the system just freezes during scanning the SCSI bus
(probably because of the PCI memory problems).

--
Frank Wille