Re: Current hangs at boot

On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:26:35 -0700 (MST)
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost> wrote:

> Well now I'm completly confused.  The 170 booted first try all the
> way to single user.
ETOMUCHMEM

The machine at the colocation has 1 GB RAM, my machine has 2 GB RAM.
After removing 1 GB my machine boots happily multiuser from the local
disk. I am going to pester it with some large compile jobs soon.

I can throw an other gig of bytes into the machine at the colo if you
wane debug this.

An other strange thing: ofwboot hung when it tried to load /netbsd64.
(There was only /netbsd.) When I made a link from netbsd to
netbsd.ofppc64 it worked.

And I messed up the firmware of my -150. It drops into the OFW prompt
after power on without displaying the usual IBM banner. If I enter a
command like "printenv" or "set-defaults" it hangs. "dev" and "ls"
work. When I try to boot it hangs after loading ofwboot. Strange. I
removed the NVRAM battery and will let it rest for a day or so. Maybe
the NVRAM is hossed and this will clear it.

Nevertheless: Thanks for all your work. It is really nice to see all
this black hardware coming to a usefull live. :-)
--

tsch__,
       Jochen