Re: FirePower (was Re: TODO list for ofppc)

On 24-Jan-2008 Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> extent_alloc_region: extent `ofwpci io-space' (0x0 - 0x3f7fffff)
> extent_alloc_region: start 0x80010000, end 0x80fffffe
> panic: extent_alloc_region: region lies outside extent

Yeah.. ok.. I see how that is happening.  In the map_space stuff:

               if (iomem == 1) {
                        /* we map an IO region */
                        tag->pbs_offset = region.addr;
                        tag->pbs_base = 0;
                        tag->pbs_limit = region.size;
                } else {
                        /* ... or a memory region */
                        tag->pbs_offset = 0;
                        tag->pbs_base = region.addr;
                        tag->pbs_limit = region.size + region.addr;
                }

But then, we unconditionally do:

  extent_alloc_region(tag->pbs_extent,
         holes[i].addr, holes[i].size, EX_NOWAIT);

To map the holes.  However, this is wrong, because the offset is different for
io and mem.  it looks like the hole extent needs to be conditionalized on iomem.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/