[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Pegasos dmesg
On 13-Jan-2008 Frank Wille wrote:
> Ok. That's fine! I already discussed this option with Tim some weeks ago.
Yeah.. I know I told you not to do it, but when Matt told me disk booting
caused his ethernet card to no longer be configured by the firmware, it was the
last straw. :)
On that note.. the things I think still need to be done for Pegasos are (in no
1) I think sysinst should place ofwboot in /netbsd/ofwboot on the boot
partition, not in / of the boot partition. (the FAT partition)
2) It would be rather simple to add support for the high-bat registers on the
7547 CPU. I'd be curious to see if it buys any kind of speedup.
3) What is the status of video/keyboard/mouse? Is that working? Is X possible
4) Matt has an issue with ram beyond 256MB not showing up. I'd be curious to
see if that happens on anyone else's machine.
5) GigE support (mrg is working on this currently)
6) I think pegasos relies on options FIRMWORKSBUGS. However, this option
causes issues on other ofppc machines. I'd like to see a way to detect this
condition at runtime rather than have it be a compile time option.
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS http://www.netbsd.org/
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/
Main Index |
Thread Index |