Re: TODO list for ofppc

On 01-Dec-2007 Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> BTW, a pre-ppcoea-renovation kernel could probe pci devices.
> Can we pull some stuff from files in arch/ofppc/firepower (in Attic)?

I'd prefer we didn't pull anything that does things the old way.  I'm really
trying hard to avoid the mess we used to have.  It depends on what exactly you
want to ressurect. (some of it was better than the rest)

Based on the dump you gave me, switch ofwpci to use the ofmethod PCI config
method, and see how that does.  Just rip out the reg stuff temporarily to test
it.  If you need help doing it (you have to open the device and store an
ihandle for it in the pci chipset tag), I'd be glad to work up a patch for you.

I suspect the right thing to do will be to try to detect those methods, and
then fallback to the indirect config if we must.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/