Re: TODO list for ofppc

On 01-Dec-2007 Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> What should be done for FirePower machines?

Oh, excellent.  I didn't know anyone still had one of these.

1) Please send me a dump of some kind of the OFW tree.  I need all the nodes
and variables, as much as possible.  (especially any rtas and devices)

2) I stopped working on ofwpci, and worked on pegasospci.   Because of that,
the pegasospci code has lots of things that ofwpci is missing, for example, the
discovery of the isa bus and setup, and initialization of the serial console.
And probably a few other minor nits.

3) As to your specific problem, it very well might be returning in one of the
OF_ things.  I need to see the .properties for your pci node, I'm guessing you
don't have one of those values I look for.

Currently reg is used to guess the PCI configuration IO ports for the indirect
config.  If you don't have indirect config, but you do have the config-w and
config-r methods on that pci bus, you can use the ofconf PCI configuration
methods instead.  (see powerpc/pci/pciconf_ofmethod.c)

In all actuality, I was thinking that ofwpci should default to using the
ofmethod configuration methods, but I wanted to see how well they worked on
actual machines, as they are super-flaky on the Pegasos.  We could also
probably make the code decide at attach time which method to use.

If you don't have the bus-range property, that probably isn't as big a deal.
It's supposed to basically be the pci bus number, and you can probably fake it
if there isn't a differently-named property for it on your machine with a
static int that gets ++'d on every invocation of attach.

Finally.. it looks like you might not have rtas. That will present a few minor
problems for us, namely, we only have a reboot command thats written in rtas
currently, and I think rtas is how we set the clock.  I do not believe however
that lack of rtas is a big deal.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/