Re: map_isa_ioregs

Tim Rightnour wrote:
On 09-Nov-2007 Matt Sealey wrote:
If stdin/stdout is both failsafe/serial what are you looking at the keyboard
and display types for anyway?

I found it rather odd that printenv shows:

        output-device         "screen"
        input-device          "keyboard"

Even though I'm running a serial console.  Originally I thought I could have
used this information to tell that I was running on a serial console, but it
seems to just be bogus.

They are not the CURRENT input and output devices, they are a hint as to what
the user wants them to be. By default, of course, the firmware tries to use
these (with a keyboard and display connected, it works) and if not, then it
falls back to failsafe.

stdin and stdout package handles are your ONLY reliable marker of what is the
input and output, on any firmware version.

--
Matt Sealey <matt%genesi-usa.com@localhost>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations