Re: Pegasos frame buffer (was: map_isa_ioregs)

Tim Rightnour wrote:

> Well.. thats actually rather useful. You can get genfb somewhat working by
> just issuing the fb8-install command, and *then* copy the screen-width and
> screen-height values out with the copyprops() function. (obviously you
> would check first if they were zero, and if they are, then run
> fb8-install, that way you can override it at the prom before boot).
>
> That will give us a reasonable default that should work for genfb.

No, unfortunately this will never work, even if we had all the values (where
is the frame-buffer address?).

I tried it first with hardcoding width, height, depth and fb-addr in
genfb_init(), and the driver thinks it is working, but not really. The
display is still in text mode and not in frame-buffer mode, and I see no way
to switch that on the Pegasos. :|

Another problem would have been copyprops(), which thinks that the
console_node must have "pci" as parent, which is also not the case here.
console_node is "/bootconsole", which has no parent.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/